I received a request to have someone “CC’d” on all meeting invitations sent to a conference room in Outlook. To accomplish this, I simply created a mail profile in Outlook as the calendar (can also be done through OWA) and created a Rule to forward all meeting invitations and updates to the requested recipient.
To create the rule in Outlook:
- Click Tools –> Rules and Alerts –> New Rule
- Choose “Check Messages When They Arrive”
- Check the box “which is a meeting invitation or update”
- Click Next
- Select either “forward it to people or distribution list” or “forward it to people or distribution list as an attachment” (see below)
Now, you have two options here. One being to forward a copy of the meeting invitation. The other being to forward a copy of the meeting invitation as an attachment. Either option works, but when you choose to only forward a copy of the meeting invitation (not as an attachment), Exchange will notify the meeting Organizer that the meeting notice has been forwarded, and to whom it was forwarded. So if you don’t want Organizers to know that their meetings are being forwarded, opt for the forward it to people or distribution list as an attachment route.
6. Click “people or distribution list” and define the person to receive the forwarded meeting invitation.
7. Next –> Finish
If you enjoyed this guide – follow me on Twitter @dreys!